Could this be true, or is there a better way of saying this?!
This is about the popular assertion today that claims, "Opportunity comes once."
As I believe it is the same with you, I've heard this witty saying many a times. I've considered it true, but I put it to you on this occasion that; "Do Opportunities truly come once?"
Stay with me... I have my reason for stating that and you will find it below;....
Few months ago, I observed a cycle of life that brought about a replay of some opportunities I once had. Although I couldn't maximize them the way I felt I could have when they first came, I still had them in a repeated cycle as an experience that contradicts the popular assertion in the second paragraph above.
As I tried to maximize them, I was taken aback with a thought that questioned the truelty of the saying. I thought within me, "If opportunities truly come once, why am I being faced with the same opportunities again?"
To consider my hypothesis right and make sense of my thoughts, I asked some friends of mine who confirmed I wasn't wrong.
Specifically, one of them affirmed that life would always offer you what you once lost one way or the other. But, I realized that it seems more difficult maximizing reoccurring opportunities because when they come, they compete with one (a present) need or the other that you just have to cater for. I saw that making judicious use of such opportunities will require a whole lot of sacrifice and commitment from you, else you would mess things up.
Since the idea behind the assertion is to talk someone out of procrastination and careless living, I began to think of a better way of saying it. And that was when this particular line came to mind; "Make hay while the sun shines".
Oh! How appealing that appeared to me. Yes, in my opinion, that sounds more appropriate.
After all, it is obvious that as we grow, our desires, dreams, aspirations, and responsibilities increases, and are accompanied with lots of demands with little time and pressurised financial capacity to cater for them.
To this end, the days when the sun shines are the best times to maximize the opportunities that come our way. And you must bear in mind that while the opportunities you meet daily may definitely come back, you may not have the necessary means to achieve them if you fail to put them to use when you first had them.
To save yourself the hurdles and strains of reoccurring opportunities therefore, I encourage that, in your daily schedule, you do well to make the most of every moment, privilege of service and education.
In conclusion, doing that which you know and have to do now may be your best shot, especially if you see or perceive the shining sun. Thus, rise up friend, and make hay while the sun shines!🤗
