Like the woman at the waters
I was seeking
For things that would not Satisfy
And there I hear my saviour speaking
"Draw from my well that will never run dry..."
You probably know the chorus to the hymn above. And sure you know what it is to seek, but maybe you need to ask how not to seek for things that would never satisfy.
I for one had once sought a job for sustainance and found. But too long a time, I found it's one of the things that never satisfy. And what about God, blessing Solomon so much that the world never would record such again? Well, his blessings satisfied when he was more conscious of God than other things - when he honoured God with the temple. But when wealth, materials and ephemerals are not rather tools that you aim to use to find what you seek in God, and if what you seek in God is just those things...
I dearly tell you. They will never satisfy. But imagine David having enough to scrifice unto God. How satisfying!
If what you possess is the end game, then your life is a game on a never ending but wasteful seeking.
Will you seek a never drying satisfaction in Christ today? Sure you'd find...
Wording of the king...
#House of Chriative Minds.
Tags:
Spirituals

